This week, we connected with Kendra Bean overseas via Google Hangouts - an author, film historian and museum curator. We discuss:
- How she turned her hobby into a career
- The joys and challenges writing a nonfiction book as a first-time author and questioning if it’s all worth it?
- Her obsession with classic films and specifically Vivien Leigh and Laurence Olivier
- When you meet one of your heroes and have an awkward fangirl moment
- The wonderful new world of bullet journaling
Theme song - Jazz from the Kitchen by Nikitaka
RECIPE: Vegan London Fog
1/4 cup boiling water
1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk + a drop of vanilla extract)
1 bag Earl Gray tea
1 tsp agave (or your favorite sweetener)
Boil your water and place the tea bag in the water to steep for 2 minutes. Heat and froth your milk, add to the tea (I like to leave the tea bag in my cup) and add agave. Stir and enjoy!